We talk often about how TimeControl can link with many different systems but it’s worth taking a moment to talk about the pre-established links that all versions of TimeControl ship with.
Links to and from project management tools must each be designed from two perspectives:
- What is the connection mechanism for this project link?
- What business rules does this project management system require to pull information and then to push the update data back?
For each project system there are different features that don’t exist in the others. For example, Primavera has a progress methodology called “Steps”. TimeControl supports the progress of Steps but there is no such mechanism in Microsoft Project so Steps data doesn’t come in from or go out to Project.
In some systems there are more than one connection mechanism. For example, Microsoft Project Server can be linked through Microsoft Project or directly with Project Server’s PSI (The application programmable interface for Project Server).
So, what project management tools does every version of TimeControl have a predefined link with? Here’s a list:
|Transfer in||Transfer out|
|Microsoft Project Server|
|Deltek Open Plan|
|Hard Dollar HD PCM|
There are numerous resources available on the TimeControl website for each of these links:
For Microsoft Project, Project Server and SharePoint, see these use-case solution areas:
- Linking TimeControl with Microsoft Project
- Linking TimeControl with Microsoft Project Server
- Linking TimeControl with SharePoint
- Linking TimeControl with Microsoft Project and SharePoint
- TimeControl Microsoft Technology Portal
For Oracle-Primavera’s P6 and EPPM, see these use-case solution areas:
- Linking TimeControl with Oracle-Primavera P6
- Linking TimeControl with P6 and Hard Dollar Simultaneously
- TimeControl Oracle Technology Portal
For Deltek EPM including Open Plan and Cobra see this use-case solution area:
For VersionOne see this use-case solution area:
For Ineight’s Hard Dollar HD PCM see this use-case solution area:
- Linking TimeControl with Hard Dollar HD PCM
- Linking TimeControl wiht Hard Dollar HD PCM and Primavera’s P6 simultaneously